Thursday, October 16, 2008

Homemade Frosting



I experimented with homemade frosting the other day. I always thought making home made frosting was hard but its actually really easy. My first batch started out more like a glaze than a frosting but then I found this really easy recipe.


::Ingredients::
1 Stick butter
3 Cups Confectioners’ sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3 tbsp. milk
Food coloring

::Directions::
Cream 1 stick of softened butter and 3 cups of confectioners sugar

Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and 3 tablespoons of milk, then cream until smooth. Add desired food coloring.

Decorate

Total time to make frosting was less than five minutes

----------------
We had all these items on hand except the sugar which cost less than $2 on Meijer and will make many more batches of frosting. I love being able to say I made homemade frosting and it was cheaper to make than to buy it.

0 comments: