Thursday, July 16, 2009

One of those days...

Do you ever just have one of those days?

That day is today for me. I had planned to go to work, grab a quick dinner, answer all my emails and write a post about the seminar I attended Tuesday.

In reality what happened was I had a not so great day at work. When I came home Matt and I decided to grab a quick dinner to bring home so I could work and eat. After leaving the restaurant with our food we returned to the car to find the front passenger tire completely flat. It was about this time we discovered that neither Matt nor myself had a cell phone. Thankfully I had our AAA card on us, but the number on the front of the card was incorrect and therefore I couldn’t use the pay phone (don’t even ask). After begging a mall security guard to let me use their office phone I find out that even though we’ve paid our car insurance they haven’t processed the check for our membership (and roadside assistance); therefore, I had to pay the bill with my credit card again.

After getting all that taken care of the process was fairly easy and after the spare tire was put on we drove to Wal-Mart to have the tire replaced. $72 later; 59 for the tire and 13 for the movie Get Smart, (hey I think everyone is entitled to an impulse buy after my day) we were home and eating. That my friends is why there isn’t a great seminar review this evening, hopefully it will be up by the weekend.

I will say though this experience made me realize a few things. First I’m proud of myself for keeping my cool. If you were to ask any of my close friends or family they would tell you that normally an experience like this would cause me to totally stress out. It has been said that my patience fuse is shorter than the memory of a goldfish. I just personally don’t like dealing with stupid and normally make my opinion known. (see I say it nicer). Oh and I will ALWAYS have my cell phone on me whenever I leave the house, even for a quick trip to the mall.

And with that I’m going to bed. I’m hoping to tomorrow will be less “exciting”

0 comments: