Monday, April 6, 2009

And it's gone...


I finally made the jump and chopped off my hair. I had been growing it out for about two years and wanted to donate ten inches to Locks for love. The photo above is my before picture the one below an after.


In the end I was actually able to donate about 11.5 inches for the cause. I also had some highlights put in for a more dramatic effect.

Being able to donate my hair has been something I’ve wanted to do for a long time. I’m not sure I’ll do it again but at least I can check this first time off my life to do list.

There are quite a few people in the blogsphere who have also donated hair this year.

- Laughing Purple Gold Fish Designs - (she took it all the way in honor of her Mom – she’s amazing)
- Leaving Excess - Her daughter donated in November of 2008


If you have been thinking about donating your hair but don't have the required 10 inches for Locks of Love I've learned that Oprah accepts a minimum of 8. You can find more information about her program HERE. If only I had known this information in December when I was at about 9.5 inches and threatening to cut it off.

1 comments:

SiSi Sparkles said...

wow - you cut off ALOT! I don't have the guts to do that yet. My hair's pretty long too. The new cut looks great - I love the color. :)