Sunday, April 26, 2009

Cheap Yarn

I know what your thinking, that’s a lot of yarn, it probably cost you a ton. (There goes meg again buying yarn even though she keeps saying she’s getting rid of stuff).

This yarn was all upcycled from > those sweaters I showed you back in March. It took me quite a while to rip out all the yarn and then re wrap it but I think I’ve got a nice stash started now. I love how my self made center pull balls turned out. I used the tutorial from Laughing Purple Gold Fish Designs it’s just so simple. I wouldn’t have been able to do this on my own if it wasn’t for her easy tutorial, and it saved me about $50 to $100 from having to buy a ball winder.

1 comments:

Anna B. said...

I love the link for winding your own yarn!! I wish I would have known that years ago!!