Saturday, April 4, 2009

Saturday Shopping

Yesterday Matt and I took the day off to practice a little metal health. In the morning we woke up early and attended our first estate sale of the year. I can’t wait for rummage sale season to get into full swing.

For $3 I picked up this heavy green serving tray, actually it’s more like I snatched it off the table in one big swoop. Both little bottles were $1 each. They aren’t old glass like I’m normally attracted to but I liked the colors. $5 total for three great pieces of glass; although, I am starting to think I’m becoming obsessed with green glass. It’s always what I seem to grab first.



After the estate sale but before picking BP up from the groomer we stopped at the Dollar Store to look for Easter bunny figurines. The only kind they had were ones holding big eggs and I wanted something I could use in many different seasons so I had to pass. I did pick up a giraffe and duck though, but we’ll have to wait and see how they turn out when I’m done with them before I make any more statements. I also grabbed two glazed candle holders; I’ve been looking for something similar for awhile but wanted black ones. I figure I’ll just make these ones the color I want, for a dollar you’ve got to try it right? There have been huge advancements in spray paint and I’m sure I can find something to do the trick. And then lastly a little planter that I have big plans for, but you’ll have to wait and see. Once it stops raining out I might actually be able to try out my spray painting skills.

Have you started your summer sale shopping yet? Have any great finds to share?

0 comments: